If your air conditioner isn’t working well, or if something is off with the temperature of your house, then there’s a good chance that it’s time to have a professional technician diagnose your system.
Air Conditioner Repair Chicago, IL
At Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been treating you like family since 1969 and providing impeccable air conditioner repair service to our customers throughout Chicago’s North Shore.
Read our outstanding customer reviews!
Our expert AC repair team and friendly customer service staff have earned us numerous awards, including American Standard’s Customer Care award as well as the Distinguished Dealer award. It’s our dedication to your satisfaction that sets us apart.
AC Repair in Chicago, IL
If you want the best North Shore and Chicago AC repair services, give us a call at 847-729-0114.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair
If you aren’t sure whether or not you need a repair right now, we’ve put together a quick list of common signs/symptoms below.
- The air flow through your vents is weak – If the air flow through your vents is weak, then there’s a good chance that your furnace filter is dirty or your air cleaner needs maintenance and may need to be changed.
- Your unit isn’t cooling properly – This could be the result of a number of issues, including a faulty thermostat or a dirty filter or lack of refrigerant. A professional HVAC technician can properly identify the source of the problem.
- There’s moisture or leaks near the unit – If there’s water pooling near the unit, it means that the drain may be broken or blocked.
- Your cooling bills are high – If you notice that your cooling bills are substantially more than they usually are, it means that some component in your air conditioner isn’t working properly and the unit is using up more energy to compensate so that it can keep your home cool.
- Your air conditioner is making loud noises – If your A/C is making loud noises during operation, there’s most likely something wrong with it. In some cases, loud noises may be the result of a larger problem and could require total replacement.
Signs That You Should Replace Your Air Conditioner Instead of Repairing It
- You’re repairing your air conditioner frequently – If your air conditioner is in constant need of repairs, then replacing it is going to be the most effective solution. Even small repair costs will add up over time.
- The required repair work is too expensive – General rule of thumb is that if the repair work is going to cost you more than half of what the unit itself cost, then you’re better off just upgrading it.
- Your unit is more than ten years old – Although a typical air conditioner can end up lasting much longer than ten years, it’s going to be running less and less efficiently. Not to mention that by this time, there should be newer models on the market that are more efficient and effective.
Learn more about our air conditioning replacement services.
Schedule AC Repair in Chicago’s North Shore!
Call 847-729-0114 now to make an appointment to have one of our qualified technicians diagnose your cooling issues and discuss the appropriate solution to your home comfort issues.
Our team is dedicated to providing you with the highest customer service because, at Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been treating you like family since 1969.
We can also install a new Mitsubishi mini split ceiling cassette system or a full Mitsubishi mini split system. Call us today!