Q: Why Is It Important for Me to Continue My Service Agreement?
A: Continuing your service agreement with Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning, will ensure:
- Higher Comfort
- Lower Utility Bills
- Extended Equipment Life
- Fewer Repairs
- Improved Capacity
- Priority Customer Status
- Inflation Protection
- Never an overtime charge
Q: What Size HVAC System Should I Have Installed?
A: The right size HVAC system is paramount in your home. Too large, and your system will short cycle and not control humidity correctly. Too small and it will run continuously. Please contact us for your free analysis today. We will be happy to configure just the right system for your needs.
Q: Is a bigger furnace or air conditioner better?
A: No it is not. Bigger is not always better in the HVAC industry. A larger air conditioner uses more electricity and costs more to purchase, install and upkeep. A properly sized unit will provide the most efficient energy use and most comfort in your home.
When buying a home comfort system, selecting the right size is crucial. For instance, an air conditioner that is too large will cool your home quickly but you still may not feel comfortable. It will satisfy the thermostat before it can remove sufficient moisture from the air.
However, a system that is too small just cannot get the job done. We can help determine what size is right for you.
Q: How Often should I change my HVAC filters?
A: Check filters every two months and replace as needed.
Q: I would like to upgrade to a new high efficiency furnace or air conditioner. Do you offer financing?
A: Yes we offer financing for all types of situations with approved credit. Call us so we can customize the financing for your specific needs.
Q: I like to keep my house very cool in the summer would a new unit help with costs?
A: If you have a 15 year old unit it could be as little as 6 SEER. Most people set their thermostat around 78 degrees in the summer to save costs and with a new high efficiency air conditioner you could save as much as 80% of your cooling dollars with the same temperature setting.
Q: What are the benefits of a programmable thermostat?
A: A Programmable thermostat is programmed for when you leave your house and then return home. The thermostat lowers the heating temperature or raises the cooling temp the hours you are not home so that energy is not used to keep the house warm while you are at work.
The thermostat will then turn back on 30 minutes before you come home so your house is at the perfect temperature when you are home. These thermostats save up to 15% on your energy bills during the winter and 10% in the summer.
Q: Why are furnaces and air conditioners so noisy?
A: They are not noisy if you install new components in your system. Old units were not built with the quality materials that are used today.
American Standard installs sound insulators on the compressor as well as a weather guard top that not only reduces noise but increases the life of the unit by not letting debris get into the system.
Q: When I am on vacation should I turn off my furnace to save energy?
A: Common settings are 80 degrees in the summer if you are running the air conditioning and 60 degrees the winter if you will be gone for a couple of days. These settings will keep most plants alive and will keep pipes from freezing and bursting in the winter.
Q: Do I run any risk by accepting the lowest bid?
A: YES! If a bid comes in 5-10% lower than other companies, it is because they are using inferior products, do not do a quality installation or are leaving something out of their bid. We will also make sure the old equipment is taken away
Q: When to Repair you air conditioner?
A: The bullets below may help with your decision:
- Old air conditioning equipment becomes expensive to repair and offers no guarantee that additional problems are not close behind.
- If you plan on moving soon, you may not get your investment price from a replacement air conditioning unit when you sell.
- A replacement that involves other trades may be cost prohibitive. In rare situations, a new air conditioning system can require significant remodeling.
- The system has been trouble free thus far and looks to be mechanically sound still.
Q: When to Replace your air conditioner system?
A: The bullets below may help with your decision about replacing your AC:
- If the equipment has reached 10 years old, careful not to throw good money after bad with repairs. The average life span of an air conditioning unit is 10-15 years.
- If the system is older than 10 years, major improvements in efficiency could be saving you BIG money. Super efficient, modern equipment can save $1,000 or more per year.
- If you are not comfortable. Today’s modern air conditioning comfort systems can virtually eliminate hot and cold areas, high and low humidity, bad air quality, high utility bills, noisy indoor and outdoor equipment, and much more.
- If your system does not have variable air flow. Variable air flow is the key to comfort. New systems keep the air moving, adding to comfort and helping save money.
- If you are concerned about break downs. When an old system fails under the intense summer heat, a replacement air conditioner can easily be a week to 10 days away
- Replace before the summer crunch hits. Do not pay higher summer prices. Many small air conditioning contractors prey on homeowners who must replace in summer when reputable companies get busy. NOTE: APS and SRP rebates can be discontinued at any time
- If family members have allergies, asthma or other air quality health concerns. Indoor air quality can be improved throughout the whole house by 100 times with today’s high tech IAQ technology and air conditioning products.
- Replace before manufacturer and utility companies rebates run out. Equipment manufacturers rebates are usually available through May. APS and SRP rebates can be discontinued at any time
Call Us Today!
If you need service now, give us a call at 847-729-0114. 847-729-0114Our high quality customer care team is here to make sure that your home gets right back to a comfortable temperature. We want you to be just as delighted by our services as our existing happy customers!