When it comes to sump pumps, you cannot rely on the expression, “if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.” Ideally, you should replace a sump pump before it reaches the actual end of its life. Otherwise, you’re putting yourself at risk for basement flooding or serious water damage to your property if the sump pump fails during a rainstorm or spring thaw. In Chicago’s North Shore, Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning can help by inspecting, repairing, or making a full sump pump replacement to keep you protected.
Call 847-729-0114 or contact us online to request a free estimate for sump pump replacement in the Glenview, IL area by the company that treats you like family.
When to Replace a Sump Pump
After taking a look at your sump pump and speaking with you about its recent performance, your Glenbrook technician can make recommendations for repair or a complete sump pump replacement. We’ll help you choose a solution that addresses these signs of sump pump failure:
- Age: Your sump pump is close to or past its life expectancy, which can be 10 years or less for some models.
- Constant running: Your sump pump runs, but won’t turn off or takes forever to discharge.
- Too many repairs: Your sump pump has failed soon after a repair. Like an old car, frequent repairs to a sump pump indicate system failure.
- Loud motor noises: The motor is the most expensive and difficult part to repair on a sump pump, so replacement often makes more sense.
- Improper cycling: If a sump pump continues cycling on and off too much or failing to turn on, even after replacing the float switch, there’s a bigger problem.
Replacement Sump Pumps in Chicago’s North Shore
Looking for a new sump pump that will last a long time and need little maintenance? Glenbrook can help you select a replacement sump pump with the right size, horsepower, and features for your home.
The first consideration is to find a sump pump that fits in your current pit size, or to make alterations for a larger pit. Many smaller homes take a 1/3-horsepower sump pump motor, but larger homes or those more prone to water drainage issues should use 1/2 or 3/4 horsepower models.
Why Glenbrook for Sump Pump Replacement?
In all the home services we provide, Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning puts the customer first and does everything it takes to make you comfortable. When you call us for sump pump repairs or replacements, you’ll get friendly service from a company that treats you like family.
Our Angie’s List Super Service Award-winning team offers sump pump replacement and installation services in Chicago’s North Shore, with a focus on total customer satisfaction.
Request an Estimate for Sump Pump Replacement in Glenview, IL
Get help troubleshooting a sump pump, or better yet, schedule a sump pump replacement for the best protection moving forward. Contact us online or give us a call 847-729-0114 to request a new sump pump installation in Chicago’s North Shore.
- Arlington Heights
- Buffalo Grove
- Des Plaines
- Evanston Furnace Repair
- Highland Park
- Lake Bluff
- Lake Forest
- Morton Grove Furnace Repair
- Mount Prospect
- Northbrook Furnace Repair
- Park Ridge
- Prospect Heights
- Skokie Furnace Repair