Air Conditioning Repair in Chicago’s North Shore
If your air conditioner isn’t working well, or if something is off with the temperature of your house, then there’s a good chance that it’s time to have a professional technician diagnose your system.
Air Conditioner Repair Chicago, IL
At Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been treating you like family since 1969 and providing impeccable air conditioner repair service to our customers throughout Chicago’s North Shore.
Our expert team and friendly customer service staff have earned us numerous awards, including American Standard’s Customer Care award as well as the Distinguished Dealer award. It’s our dedication to your satisfaction that sets us apart.
AC Repair in Chicago
If you want the premier North Shore AC repair services, give us a call at 847-729-0114.
Signs You Need Air Conditioning Repair
If you aren’t sure whether or not you need a repair right now, we’ve put together a quick list of common signs/symptoms below.
- The air flow through your vents is weak – If the air flow through your vents is weak, then there’s a good chance that your furnace filter is dirty or your air cleaner needs maintenance and may need to be changed.
- Your unit isn’t cooling properly – This could be the result of a number of issues, including a faulty thermostat or a dirty filter or lack of refrigerant. A professional HVAC technician can properly identify the source of the problem.
- There’s moisture or leaks near the unit – If there’s water pooling near the unit, it means that the drain may be broken or blocked.
- Your cooling bills are high – If you notice that your cooling bills are substantially more than they usually are, it means that some component in your air conditioner isn’t working properly and the unit is using up more energy to compensate so that it can keep your home cool.
- Your air conditioner is making loud noises – If your A/C is making loud noises during operation, there’s most likely something wrong with it. In some cases, loud noises may be the result of a larger problem and could require total replacement.
Signs That You Should Replace Your Air Conditioner Instead of Repairing It
- You’re repairing your air conditioner frequently – If your air conditioner is in constant need of repairs, then replacing it is going to be the most effective solution. Even small repair costs will add up over time.
- The required repair work is too expensive – General rule of thumb is that if the repair work is going to cost you more than half of what the unit itself cost, then you’re better off just upgrading it.
- Your unit is more than ten years old – Although a typical air conditioner can end up lasting much longer than ten years, it’s going to be running less and less efficiently. Not to mention that by this time, there should be newer models on the market that are more efficient and effective.
Learn more about our air conditioning replacement services.
Schedule AC Repair in Chicago’s North Shore!
Call 847-729-0114 now to make an appointment to have one of our qualified technicians diagnose your cooling issues and discuss the appropriate solution to your home comfort issues. Our team is dedicated to providing you with the highest customer service because, at Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ve been treating you like family since 1969.
The office response was quick. Nick T, the service tech could not have been better. On time, diagnosed the problem, explained everything. Excellent- Richard D. on 05/25/19
We've been using Glenbrook Heating for at least 25 years. They are always on time, thorough and focused on saving us money where possible. Their prices are very reasonable.- Nancy S. on 05/24/19
Knowledgable technicians, terrific, efficient service! Nick also educated me about what I could do to improve air flow in my house. I appreciated the advice!- Lara H. on 05/23/19
Brad is very courteous and friendly. He was on time and does a great job with keeping our heating and air conditioning units in excellent condition. During this cold winter, we were very comfortable. The entire team at Glenbrook is very helpful. We have…- Bob K. on 05/08/19
They called to let me know they were on their way, arrived on time, did the job quickly and neatly, and the service person was very pleasant.- Peter B. on 05/07/19
We first moved to Northbrook in 1973 and Glen Brook heating has serviced us ever since. . . It was and still is a family run business which treats their customers with good quality service and fair prices. We would not have stayed with…- Phyllis B. on 04/24/19
The office response was quick. Nick T, the service tech could not have been better. On time, diagnosed the problem, explained everything. Excellent- Richard D. on 04/23/19
Last November Glenbrook replaced our furnace and did a great job. This week they finished the job by adding a new A/C. Dominick did a great job, he explained what he was doing and why. The job was completed quickly, and was well done.…- Allen C. on 04/18/19
Dom was courteous and helpful with our issue. We appreciate the prompt service today. Our furnace went out this morning and we have heat again by this afternoon!- By gail m. on 02/07/19
Dom came yesterday for our furnace tune up, did a wonderful job as usual. Have used Glenbrook Heating and Air Conditioning for 40 years for all our our heating and cooling needs, great company.- David L. on 01/10/19
I have been a customer of Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning for 30+ years. The company and their employees are professional and friendly.- Sherry H. on 09/20/18
We’ve been customers for a very long time and we have nothing but good things to say about Glenbrook heating & air conditioning . They are reliable, reasonable, & most of all honest.- Carol A D. on 09/11/18
It all went quite well. Nick and Brian were great. We have used Glenbrook Heating and Air Conditioning for over 40 years and will continue to recommend them.- Nancy Q. 09/05/18
High quality accurate service; listen to and work with customer; professional; committed to providing high quality customer service.- Linda T. 08/23/18
Glenbrook Heating & AC is great. I really enjoy working with Jill, and the technicians - Dominick and Nick are the two I have worked with -- are always prompt, thorough, and answer my many questions. Keep up the great work.- Mark C. 07/12/18
A huge thank you for coming out in a short notice Brian was professional and service was outstanding you save us from scorching temps we really appreciate you!!!- Rosemary S.
This is to thank you for your quick installation of my new water heater. It means a lot to me. You and your dad should be commended for your prompt and business-like way of conducting your business. I made the initial call to Fred…- Betty H. (Glenview)
Fred and Brad,
Thank you so much for your prompt attention.- Marla S. (Glenview)
Thank you for the beautiful job you did in the basement! I really appreciate the thoroughness and care by which you put the whole thing together! It is always a pleasure to do business with you and your dad. Please send regards to him.…- Terry B. (Glenview)
Dear Fred and Brad,
Thank you very much for your fast response to my air conditioning problem. Brad was a genius—in a very short time he identified the problem, corrected it, and was on his way. I appreciate your service and fine work.- June K. (Glenview)
Thanks for stopping over on Saturday to check by boiler during the deep freeze. You’re the best!- Monika
Fred, Brad and Jill,
Thank you for such wonderful service. You all have been so helpful. The installation was flawless and we love how well the furnace works. What a difference! See you in the spring for our annual cleaning.- George and Ginny H. (Northbrook)
Thank you for a job well done. See you in the winter.- Behrooz Z. (Northfield)
Thanks so much for your prompt service. I really appreciate it.- Sally K. (Wilmette)
Thank you for the quick service.- Alice M. (Skokie)
Thank you Brad for your tidy job of putting in the humidifier.- Susie