Water Heater Replacement in Chicago’s North Shore
Our team at Glenbrook Heating & Air Conditioning has been performing water heater repairs & replacements in Chicago’s North Shore since 1969. For nearly 50 years our team has continuously worked to provide Chicagoland’s premier water heater services. If you’re looking for high quality water heater repair or replacement, give us a call at 847-729-0114 or contact us online.
“Dear Brad, This is to thank you for your quick installation of my new water heater. It means a lot to me. You and your dad should be commended for your prompt and business-like way of conducting your business. I made the initial call to Fred around 9 a.m. and magically, there was a new water heater (working) before noon! Usually, we wait hours or days for someone to show up when we need help. It’s worth everything to find service like this.” – Betty H. (Glenview)
Water Heater Replacement in Glenview & Surrounding Areas
Most water heaters, especially conventional tank water heaters, have an average lifespan of 10 to 15 years. If your current system has reached the 10 year mark, you may be wondering if now is the time to replace it.
While there are instances in which water heater repairs and maintenance will keep your system going for a bit longer, at some point, replacement is necessary. Most of the time, it’s better to replace sooner rather than later when your water heater quits altogether. We service all types of water heaters such as:
- Conventional Water Heaters
- Electric Water Heaters
- Tankless Water Heaters
- Gas Water Heaters
When to Replace Your Water Heater
If you’re trying to decide when to replace your water heater, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you spending a lot of money on costly repairs lately? If you’ve found yourself calling a local HVAC contractor for water heater repair services more and more, it might make more sense to invest that money in a new unit. At some point, repairs just won’t do.
- Does your home use a lot of hot water? The more hot water used by the people in your home, the more of a daily workout your water heater has experienced. A tank that has seen heavy use won’t last as long.
- Would a larger tank better suit your home’s needs? If your family is always running out of hot water, and you’ve had the system checked for the problem, it could be that your tank just isn’t big enough to hold as much hot water as your home needs. A larger, newer tank may be a better alternative than sticking with a water heater that’s on it’s last leg.
- Does your area have hard or poor-quality water? Lower quality water is tough on your system as it can cause more sediment to build up, shortening your water heater’s lifespan.
If You Experience Any of These Signs, Call Glenbrook Now
Not convinced that you need a new water heater after considering the factors above? Well, if you experience the following issues, even after having your system serviced, there is a good chance your water heater is beyond repair:
- Your water doesn’t stay hot or never gets hot. Do you find yourself racing to end your shower before you run out of warm water? Or, does your home no longer have hot water whatsoever? With a new (possibly even larger), more efficient water heater, you’ll enjoy water that is actually hot, and you won’t have to worry about racing through your hygiene routine.
- Your water is discolored. A buildup of sediments in your water heater can cause discoloration. Also, if parts of your water heater have begun to rust, you’ll notice black or rusty colored water. In older water heaters, maintenance may not fix this problem.
- There is a leak from your storage tank or pressure relief valve. Sure, a leak can be repaired, but if you’re dealing with leak after leak, your worn out water heater has reached the end of its lifespan. And, with every leak you run the risk of dealing with mold and mildew growth.
- Your tank is making loud, unusual noises. Again, hard water will cause build up in your water heater. If there is build up near any of the valves, the water will make loud noises as it tries to pass through.
If your aging water heater can no longer meet the needs of your North Shore area home, it’s time to pick out a new one. And, our experts can help! Contact us today.
Why Call Glenbrook for Water Heater Replacement?
We understand that you may still be holding out hope that your current water heater can get the job done. Unfortunately, if you’re experiencing one or more of the issues above, or your water heater has seen a lot of use and abuse over the years, replacing your tank may be your best bet.
Newer, more energy efficient water heaters are cost savers when it comes to utility bills and repair needs. Investing in a water heater that doesn’t require as much energy to run will not only save you money over time, it’s also better for the environment. Plus, if your aging water heater is located on your main floor or an upper level, you’re at a much greater risk of a leak causing extensive damage, which will cost significantly more than just replacing the system. A new tank with new valves is less likely to spring a leak.
Picking a new water heater will ensure that your tank is prepared to meet the needs of your home and family.
Call Now for Water Heater Services in Chicago’s North Shore
If you’re ready to repair or replace your water heater, reach out to us online or give us a call at 847-729-0114. Our high quality customer care team is here to make sure that your home’s water heater functions as well as possible.
- Morton Grove
- Mount Prospect
- Park Ridge
- Prospect Heights
This is to thank you for your quick installation of my new water heater. It means a lot to me. You and your dad should be commended for your prompt and business-like way of conducting your business. I made the initial call to Fred…- Betty H. (Glenview)
Fred and Brad,
Thank you so much for your prompt attention.- Marla S. (Glenview)
Thank you for the beautiful job you did in the basement! I really appreciate the thoroughness and care by which you put the whole thing together! It is always a pleasure to do business with you and your dad. Please send regards to him.…- Terry B. (Glenview)
Dear Fred and Brad,
Thank you very much for your fast response to my air conditioning problem. Brad was a genius—in a very short time he identified the problem, corrected it, and was on his way. I appreciate your service and fine work.- June K. (Glenview)
Thanks for stopping over on Saturday to check by boiler during the deep freeze. You’re the best!- Monika
Fred, Brad and Jill,
Thank you for such wonderful service. You all have been so helpful. The installation was flawless and we love how well the furnace works. What a difference! See you in the spring for our annual cleaning.- George and Ginny H. (Northbrook)
Thank you for a job well done. See you in the winter.- Behrooz Z. (Northfield)
Thanks so much for your prompt service. I really appreciate it.- Sally K. (Wilmette)
Thank you for the quick service.- Alice M. (Skokie)
Thank you Brad for your tidy job of putting in the humidifier.- Susie